I’ve always loved tangy food. Whether it’s the lemon in my water or the mustard on my sandwich, it just makes everything better.
After having a delicious mustard salmon at a nearby restaurant, I was craving it the rest of the week. There was something unforgettable about the tanginess of the mustard with the richness of the fish. I was determined to make my own mustard salmon. While the one in the restaurant was probably loaded with butter, I opted for fat free Greek yogurt in my recipe.
You will not miss the butter in this dish! The Greek yogurt keeps the sauce (or crust) rich and creamy without being fattening.
Roasted Panko Crusted Salmon
Mustard Dill Crusted Salmon
This quick and easy salmon is tangy and flavourful. The combination of dill, mustard, yogurt, garlic, and lemon make this salmon truly memorable. If there’s any leftover, this fish tastes great hot or cold the next day. Sometimes it’s even better.
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets salmon
- 3 teaspoons dill, dried
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine dill, mustard, yogurt, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Place salmon on baking pan covered with parchment paper. Season with salt and pepper. Spread mustard mixture evenly over the fillet. Roast salmon for 6 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Broil salmon for 4 minutes, or until the mustard is browned and salmon flakes easily.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you love salmon, you may also enjoy Salmon with Avocado Salsa
Are you a fan of mustard and salmon? What’s your favourite fish dish?