Chewy blondie bars with a cinnamon-sugar topping.
I love mashups. Whether its music, style, or food – taking two things and transforming them into something new is always exciting. Like the name suggests, Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars combine the cinnamon-flavoured snickerdoodle cookie with the chewy blondie bar. Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars are the perfect blend of soft and chewy. Each bar comes out nice and thick, with a lightly, crispy outside and a soft, delicious inside.
If you love cinnamon flavoured desserts, you’ll love these blondies. There is no shortage of cinnamon and sugar in this dessert. It’s baked right into the batter, with two types of sugar (granulated sugar and brown sugar), and it’s even sprinkled on top. You can either sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar topping on before baking (pictured below), or you can bake it without the topping and individually dip each bar into the topping, on all sides. Either way, each bar will be covered with a little extra bang of sweet, rich flavour.
Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars are so delicious, they should really come with a warning – you can’t eat just one. Maybe if it’s one whole pan. Oops! They’re pretty much addictive. Usually, I can control myself and eat just one slice of cake or one blondie bar, but with these Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars, any semblance of self-control goes out the window. Before I know it, I’ve eaten two, three, or even four blondie bars in one sitting, just don’t tell my waistline.
Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars
Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars are sensational, but they taste even better when you realize that they’re fat free. It’s hard not to love these chewy blondie bars with their cinnamon-sugar topping.
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Coat non-stick baking pan (13 x 9) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine apple sauce, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Mix until smooth and even, with no streaks.
- Add to baking pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar topping. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into 12 bars.
If you love blondies, you may also enjoy Campfire Blondies
Have you tried Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars? What’s your favourite type of blondie bar?