Sweet and creamy sponge cake perfect for any celebration.
While getting ready for bed over the weekend, my two year old daughter announced it was her doll’s birthday. She loves, I mean LOVES, her doll, Emma. She feeds Emma, hugs and kisses her, laughs with her, plays with her, and even shares a bed with her. Without another sibling, Emma gives us a glimpse into how our daughter may one day be as a big sister. (No, I am not pregnant.)
We all sang “Happy Birthday to Emma” and thought that was the end of it. Bedtime went along as usual. Suddenly, my daughter’s eyes began to fill with tears. “What’s wrong,” I asked. After a brief silence, she replied, “Emma’s birthday.” I couldn’t believe it, my daughter was sad that we didn’t really celebrate Emma’s birthday.
Emma is an important part of our family. She deserves a real birthday celebration. So, we decided that Emma would have an intimate birthday party, just the four of us. And every party needs a cake!
Mini Sour Cream Cake is a rich, creamy dessert. Even though it’s just 4-inches round, it still packs a delicious punch. The vanilla infused batter is given its velvety texture from the combination of sour cream and apple sauce. It is topped off with cream cheese frosting, making it one decadent treat.
Mini Sour Cream Cake is perfect for any mini celebration. Whether it’s a first birthday smash cake, a doll’s birthday cake, or a just because mini treat, this is one pleasing cake. With its creamy batter, it’s hard to believe that this cake is eggless, low calorie, and low fat.
Mini Sour Cream Cake
Mini Sour Cream Cake is a delicious, eggless sponge cake, perfect for any calorie-conscious foodie. The vanilla infused batter is given it’s rich, creamy texture from the combination of sour cream and apple sauce.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup low fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cups low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon low fat sour cream
- 1/16 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another small bowl, combine sour cream, apple sauce, and vanilla. Add to flour ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spray 4-inch round cake pan with cooking spay. Spoon batter into the pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before frosting.
- To prepare frosting, combine cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Frost cake. Plate and enjoy!
If you love mini treats, you may also enjoy S’mores Bites
Have you tried Mini Sour Cream Cake? Have you celebrated a doll’s birthday?