Rich and creamy cake, baked with Granny Smith apples, honey, sour cream and cinnamon.
Fall is nearly upon us. You can feel it in the air. Summer is slowly blowing away and before we know it, the leaves will begin to change colour. While I never want to see summer days come to an end, I love fall foods and their depth of flavour. With spices, apples, and pumpkins, fall is simply delicious.
Apple Honey Cake tastes like fall. Chopped apples baked with cinnamon and sweetened honey batter has the perfect comforting flavour for a crisp autumn day. Each bite is packed full with Granny Smith apples, which perfectly bake in the oven. Your home will smell amazing, but the cake tastes even better. Yum!
Apple Honey Cake is low fat and even lower in sugar. The combination of apple sauce, sour cream, eggs, honey, and vanilla creates a rich and creamy batter that perfectly compliments the tart apples. It’s hard not to love this velvety cake that tastes like a lightly sweetened autumn treat.
Apple Honey Cake
Looking for a simple autumn cake? Apple Honey Cake tastes like the changing seasons. From the tart of the Granny Smith apples to the lightly sweetened honey-flavoured batter, this is truly a satisfying treat.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups apples, cored and chopped (2 to 3 Granny Smith apples)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Coat non-stick baking pan (13 x 9) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine, sour cream, apple sauce, eggs, honey and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Mix in apples.
- Add to baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into 12 bars.
If you love apple, you may also enjoy Apple Beer Bread.
If you love cake, you may also enjoy Healthy Blueberry Cheesecake
Have you tried Apple Honey Cake? What’s your favourite fall treat?