Fluffy and gently spiced muffins perfect for breakfast or snack time.
Take a big bite out of fall with these Skinny Pumpkin Spice Muffins. You can taste the pumpkin patch, the crisp weather, and the brightly coloured leaves. Each bite bursts with delicious pumpkin-flavoured batter, heightened by the combination of cinnamon and all spice. If you haven’t used all spice before, it’s amazing. It’s a perfect little bundle of fall flavour, combining cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg. Yum!
While vacationing with the family up north for the weekend, I made a couple batches of these muffins. (Yes, they are that good!! And they were completely devoured.) Since I love trying new things, especially new food, I decided to tweak the muffins a little each time. The first time, I baked Skinny Pumpkin Spice Muffins without raisins. They were amazing and seamlessly delicious. Each bite had a unified texture, flavour, and taste. Every little bit was perfectly delicious.
With raisins, Skinny Pumpkin Spice Muffins are kicked up a notch. Mixed throughout the pumpkin spice batter, raisins add a burst of sweet, fruit flavour. Pictured below with raisins, Skinny Pumpkin Spice Muffins make a perfect breakfast or mid-afternoon snack. Pair these muffins with coffee, tea, or anything else. You can’t go wrong with these muffins. Whichever way you prefer them, with or without raisins, these muffins are ta-st-y.
Skinny Pumpkin Spice Muffins are light, creamy, and truly delicious. Your house will smell amazing as these muffins bake away in your oven. It’s hard not to melt over these muffins. They’ll be a huge hit with anyone you share them with.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, all spice, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients: pumpkin, apple sauce, yogurt, maple syrup, egg whites, and vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture into dry. Stir to combine. Fold in raisins.
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill each tin.
- Bake muffins for 18 to 22 minutes, or until muffin tops are lightly browned.
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin.
If you love pumpkins, you may also enjoy Pumpkin Pie Dip
Which way do you prefer Skinny Pumpkin Spice Muffin? With or without raisins? Do you like pumpkin flavoured food? What’s your pumpkin favourite treat?