Soft, chewy and oozing chocolate chips, these blondie bars are choco-pumpkin perfection.
With Halloween just around the corner, pumpkins are everywhere. From decor to beverages and even desserts, pumpkins are popping up all over the place. Pumpkins are becoming even more popular in my house after making these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars are truly yummy! Chocolate chip covered bars with a chewy pumpkin flavoured centre, who could resist this seasonal treat? The batter has the perfect combination of cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin batter, and ooey gooey chocolate chips. I could rename these Heavenly Autumn Bars.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars are a must try fall treat. Soft, chewy and oozing chocolate chips, these bars are choco-pumpkin perfection. At first bite, you simply taste the melted chocolate chip topping, then the pumpkin pie flavoured batter pops up, embracing the chocolate chips, like a perfect warm hug. The two flavours combine to make a dreamy tasting autumn bar.
I first baked a batch of these a couple days ago. On the first day, they were ooey, gooey choco-pumpkin deliciousness. The next day, the flavours melded together even more. The pumpkin flavours heightened, becoming even stronger, making Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars a not to be missed autumn treat. It’s hard to believe that these bars become even more amazing, but they do.
You have to try these heavenly Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars. Chewy, gooey, choco-pumpin goodness. Yum!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars are truly yummy! With a soft and chewy pumpkin-flavoured centre and melt-in-your-mouth chocolate chips, these bars are a truly tasty treat.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus 1/4 cup for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Coat non-stick baking pan (13 x 9) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine, pumpkin puree, apple sauce, yogurt, eggs and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Add to baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into 12 bars.
If you love pumpkin, you may also enjoy Skinny Pumpkin Spice Muffins.
If you love chocolate, you may also enjoy Warm Chocolate Cake for Two
Have you tried Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars? What would you call them? Would you rename them Heavenly Autumn Bars? What’s your favourite pumpkin treat?