Tender, flaky and perfectly seasoned salmon, ready in less than 20 minutes.
I’m a little late to the panko breadcrumbs game. While I’ve enjoyed it in restaurants, this was my first time cooking with it. After trying Roasted Panko Crusted Salmon, I don’t know why I waited so long.
Panko is super simple to cook with and the results are amazing! If you haven’t tried it before, panko is a Japanese style of bread crumbs. It’s light, crunchy and has a wonderful crispy texture.
Panko is a perfect topping for salmon. It helps keep the moisture in while roasting, so the salmon stays rich and juicy. Unlike bread crumbs, panko is unflavoured, so it’s a real blank canvas. With a little seasoning, spices or herbs, you can customize the flavouring any way you want.
Roasted Panko Crusted Salmon is covered with honey-sweetened Dijon mustard and an herb-flavoured panko crust. This dish may sound elegant, but it’s truly simple to make.
In less than 20 minutes you’ll have a wonderful meal that can really impress. To start, combine honey and Dijon mustard and evenly spread it over the salmon fillet. This acts as a glue for the panko mixture, helping it stay on the salmon.
The panko crust is a combination of panko, parsley, paprika, thyme, and oil. Adding a little oil helps the panko become a little crunchier and gives it that subtle brown appearance, without an oily aftertaste. The parsley and thyme add a wonderful herb flavour while the paprika adds a subtle punch, which perfectly compliments the sharp Dijon mustard flavour.
Sprinkle the panko mixture evenly over the salmon fillet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. When it’s all done, you’ll have a complex and richly flavoured salmon. Just look how delicious it is straight out of the oven.
Roasted Panko Crusted Salmon
Rich and incredibly juicy, Roasted Panko Crusted Salmon is the perfect combination of lightly sweetened Dijon mustard and an herb-flavoured panko crust. This tasty meal can really impress.
- 1 pound salmon, fillets
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 lemon, wedged (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine panko, parsley, oil, paprika, and thyme.
- In another bowl, combine mustard and honey.
- Place salmon on baking pan covered with parchment paper.
- Spread the mustard mixture evenly over the salmon. Top with panko mixture.
- Bake salmon for 10 to 12 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!
If you love salmon, you may also enjoy Salmon with Avocado Salsa
Have you tried Roasted Panko Crusted Salmon? What’s your favourate salmon meal?