A cheesy pasta sauce with lightly charred roasted red peppers and fresh basil.
Looking for a tasty alternative to the classic tomato sauce pasta? Cheesy Red Pepper Pasta is a wonderful light meal that the whole family can enjoy. Each bite is filled with cheesy bursts of flavour.
You’d never know that this sauce is made with low fat cottage cheese. When it’s pureed with roasted red peppers and fresh basil, everything effortlessly melds together, creating a rich, velvety sauce.
With Cheesy Red Pepper Pasta, you can enjoy all of the amazing flavours of roasted red peppers without much time or effort. Don’t you just love convenience like that? Using jarred roasted red peppers is an amazing time saver and it’s truly delicious. You can easily find roasted red peppers in any grocery store. They’re useful for sandwiches, pizzas or in pasta sauces, like this one.
Cheesy Red Pepper Pasta is a perfect last minute meal. With a few simple ingredients, you can throw together a really tasty dinner. Simply sauté the onions and garlic, toss in some roasted red peppers and fresh basil, and puree the mixture with cottage cheese. In no time, you have one amazing homemade sauce. Forget about a 30-minute-meal – Cheesy Red Pepper Pasta can be ready in under 20 minutes!
- 1 (12 ounce) package pasta
- 2 cups (16 ounce jar) roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat sauté onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, or until garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in red peppers and basil, cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Mix in cottage cheese.
- With an immersion blender, carefully puree pasta sauce. Alternatively, you can pour the pepper mixture into a food processor.
- Pour in reserved pasta water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to sauce. Plate and enjoy!
If you love pasta, you may also enjoy Creamy Avocado Pasta
Have you tried Cheesy Red Pepper Pasta? What’s your favourite healthy pasta meal?