Personal creamy alfredo spaghetti casserole topped with a mozzarella cheese crust.
There’s nothing like a forkful of perfectly baked pasta noodles. They just scream comfort food. Skinny Alfredo Spaghetti Casserole is the perfect comfort food – creamy, cheesy and carby. With a lightly crispy, cheesy crust and a rich and creamy alfredo sauce, these spaghetti noodles have met their match.
Skinny Alfredo Spaghetti Casserole may be lower fat, but it sure pops with flavour. This alfredo sauce is thick and creamy. The combination of milk, flour and pasta water creates a rich alfredo sauce that is amplified by the creaminess of pureéd cottage cheese. The garlic, rosemary and parsley enhance the sauce by adding a subtle herb flavour. Skinny alfredo sauce is delicious on its own or when it’s baked with spaghetti and mozzarella cheese.
To give each spaghetti casserole its perfect shape, I use the Wilton 8 Cavity Loaf Pan. Once the pasta noodles and alfredo sauce are combined, use kitchen tongs to carefully divide the pasta and add it to each loaf tin. Make sure that all the noodles fit inside the loaf tin. You may need to push them in a bit. For the last step, top each casserole with two tablespoons of shredded cheese, then it’s ready to bake.
When it’s all done, each Skinny Alfredo Spaghetti Casserole will be crispy on top and richly creamy in the middle. For a little flavour boost, serve each casserole on top of tomato sauce. It not only adds a pop of colour, it enhances the casserole by adding a zesty, savoury flavour. With or without the tomato sauce, Skinny Alfredo Spaghetti Casserole is a tasty, single-serving meal.
- 6 cups cooked spaghetti noodles (340 grams dry noodles)
- 2 cups tomato sauce, divided (optional)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Prepare loaf pan tins with a quick spray of cooking oil. Cook pasta al denté, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- In a food processor, puree cottage cheese until it is thick, creamy and there are no more curds.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Cover garlic with flour, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in pasta water and milk. Simmer for 1 minute, until sauce thickens.
- Stir in cottage cheese, cook for 1 minute.
- Add drained pasta noodles to alfredo sauce, then add to loaf pan.
- Sprinkle two tablespoons of shredded cheese onto each individual loaf.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with tomato sauce and enjoy!
If you love creamy pasta, you may also enjoy Creamy Avocado Pasta
Have you tried Skinny Alfredo Spaghetti Casserole? What’s your favourite casserole dish?