Rich and creamy chocolate truffles covered with cocoa powder or coconut flakes.
Avocado Chocolate Truffles are a heavenly chocolate indulgence. They’re as decadent as your favourite truffle. Filled with a rich and creamy middle, every truffle bursts with pure chocolate flavours. While the truffles taste like a true chocolate indulgence, these sweet treats are a much healthier alternative.
Instead of being made with cream, these truffles are made with avocados. Avocados are the perfect base for chocolate truffles. They’re naturally rich and creamy and when they’re combined with cocoa powder, they create a decadent dark chocolate flavour.
Avocado Chocolate Truffles may be lower in fat, but your taste buds won’t know the difference. When the mashed avocados are mixed with cocoa powder, they suddenly look and taste like real chocolate. As the cinnamon, vanilla and honey are mixed in, the flavours combine to create a velvety treat that’s fit for a chocolate lover’s dream.
On its own, Avocado Chocolate Truffles are sweet and incredibly creamy. When you add cocoa or coconut flakes to the outside, it gives the truffles a distinct flavour. Covering the truffle in cocoa powder makes them even more decadent. It amplifies the chocolate flavour and adds a lightly bitter taste. With a coconut crust, the truffles become a little sweeter and they have a wonderful bite of texture. Whichever way you enjoy them, these mini truffles just scream yum.
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado until it is smooth and there are no clumps. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Continue microwaving in 20-second increments. Stir and microwave again until the chocolate is melted.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla and honey to the avocado. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Spread avocado chocolate mixture on a plate. Refrigerate for 30 to 40 minutes or until avocado chocolate mixture is lightly firm.
- Use a melon baller or spoon to form truffles into balls. You can also roll the truffles in your hands.
- When formed, roll the truffles in cocoa powder or coconut flakes.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately. Enjoy!
If you love chocolate, you may also enjoy Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Have you tried Avocado Chocolate Truffles? Which truffle is your favourite, chocolate or coconut covered?