Rich and creamy French dressing perfect for garden salads or veggie dips.
Sometimes a salad is so delicious, you just want to lick your plate clean. Greek Yogurt French Salad Dressing is one of those finger licking salads. With the perfect balance of creamy, tangy and sweet, it’s hard not to love this rich salad dressing.
With a mix of creamy and tomato flavour, Greek Yogurt French Salad Dressing easily compliments any garden salad. I first decided to make this dressing because my husband loves Catalina salad dressing. He uses it in so many ways – on salads, mixed with canned tuna, or as a veggie dip. If you haven’t tried Catalina, it’s a French-style salad dressing.
Instead of just grabbing another bottle of Catalina from the grocery store, I decided to try and make one with Greek yogurt. As you may know, I love using yogurt in salad dressings. It’s naturally rich and creamy and it can easily substitute oil, cream or mayonnaise. (For more Greek yogurt salad dressings, check out Creamy Dill Cobb Salad, Creamy Greek Salad, Miso Caesar Salad, and Creamy Balsamic Garden Salad )
With a mix of traditional French dressing ingredients, like ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and paprika, Greek Yogurt French Salad Dressing has a truly authentic French dressing flavour. When it’s combined with milk and Greek yogurt, it creates a light and creamy dressing that takes only a few minutes to make. Simply combine these common household ingredients, mix until well combined and your dressing is ready to eat.
Greek Yogurt French Salad Dressing is the perfect addition to any salad. Not only is it tastier than the bottled varieties, Greek Yogurt French Salad Dressing is healthier and lower fat than other French or Catalina dressing.
- SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and cut in half (optional)
- GREEK YOGURT FRENCH SALAD DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place eggs in a pot, fill with water. Bring water to boil over medium-high heat. When water begins to boil, cover and lower temperature to simmer. Cook eggs for 12 minutes before cooling them under cold water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, milk, ketchup, white vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, paprika and pepper. Mix until the dressing is smooth and well combined.
- Fill a large bowl with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and onions. Evenly mix in salad dressing. Top with eggs.
- Plate and enjoy!
Note: If you are making Greek Yogurt French Salad Dressing as a veggie dip, you may want to use less milk. Only add one tablespoon of milk at a time until it is the desired consistency.
If you love salad, you may also enjoy Miso Caesar Salad
Do you love fresh salads? Have you tried Greek Yogurt French Salad Dressing?