Warm quinoa salad served with spinach, avocado, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and a light lemon dressing.
When a salad is filled with fruits, veggies and quinoa, it’s a satisfying meal that you can enjoy any time of the day. Whether you have it for lunch or dinner, this jam-packed dish has it all. With creamy avocados, warm quinoa, juicy tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers and lightly cooked spinach, you have a healthy meal that is truly delicious.
When the hot quinoa is added to the salad, it lightly warms the spinach and cooks it in the serving bowl. As the salad mix together, the flavours and colours combine, creating a wonderfully healthy meal. Warm Avocado Quinoa Salad is perfect for a quick and easy meal at home or as an addition to large family gatherings.
With a light lemon dressing drizzled on top, each bite of this salad has a wonderfully refreshing flavour. The dressing is a healthy combination of lemon juice, water, honey, Dijon mustard, salt and garlic powder. You won’t miss the oil in this dressing. Water perfectly thins the lemon flavour without adding unnecessary calories and fat.
- SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- 6 cups spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 stalks green onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- LEMON DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil vegetable stock in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. When the stock begins to boil, lower the temperature to simmer.
- Add quinoa, cover the saucepan and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, water, honey, Dijon mustard, salt and garlic powder.
- In a large bowl, add spinach, half of the cucumbers, half of the tomatoes and green onions. When the quinoa is finished, add it to the bowl and top with remaining cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley and half of the avocados.
- Drizzle with lemon dressing. Gently mix. Top with remaining avocados.
- Plate and enjoy!
If you love salad, you may also enjoy Avocado Mediterranean Salad
Do you love fresh salads? Have you tried Warm Avocado Quinoa Salad?