Strawberry bites covered with a graham cracker crust and a swirl of creamy cheesecake.
If you love sweet treats, this dessert is for you. With the natural sweetness of strawberries, a lightly crispy graham cracker crust and a rich bit of cheesecake, these mini desserts are truly delicious.
Strawberry season may be over, but they’re still one of my favourite fruit. When I was a kid, I could sit and eat a whole package of strawberries on my own. Berry after berry, I just couldn’t get enough of their sweet, summery flavour.
I may not devour them like I used to, but I still love those bright red berries. Strawberry Cheesecake Bites are a fun way to enjoy your berries and indulge in a cheesecake craving. (Yes, I get those sometimes!!)
Strawberry Cheesecake Bites are really the right name for this treat because it all starts with the berry. To start, I like to cut each strawberry lengthwise. This way, each bite still has a little stem on top, making them easier to hold onto when you eat.
Once all the berries are cut in half, dip them, cut sized down, into the graham cracker crumbs. You don’t need any butter for this crust. The juice from the berries acts like a glue, holding the crumb crust in place.
Now comes the cheesecake. If you don’t have a piping bag, you can use a sandwich bag to make the cheesecake swirl. Simply spoon the cheesecake into the bag. Try to get most of it into one of the bottom corners. Once it’s full, twirl the bag to tighten it. I like to add an elastic on top, it helps keep everything in place. Then you can snip off the bottom corner and, when you’re ready, add the cheesecake.
A little swirl, right in the middle of the berry, is all that you need to give them a delicious cheesecake flavour. When you bite into the Strawberry Cheesecake Bites, you can really taste it all – the juicy berry, the graham cracker crust and the swirl of cheesecake.
If you love an extra pop of berry flavour. Top each Strawberry Cheesecake Bite with a blueberry. With or without the blueberry top, these mini treats are a sweet and creamy indulgence.
- 10 to 15 strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup low fat cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs (3 graham crackers)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 to 30 blueberries (optional)
- To prepare cheesecake mixture, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- Slice strawberries in half, lengthwise. Each half should have a portion of the stem intact. Set aside.
- Break graham crackers into crumbs. You can use a small food processor or break the crackers between your fingers until it is a fine crumb.
- Dip strawberries, cut side down, into graham cracker crumbs.
- Place a little cheesecake on top of the graham cracker crumb.
If you love strawberries, you may also enjoy Strawberry Bread
If you love cheesecake, you may also enjoy Healthy Blueberry Cheesecake
Have you tried Strawberry Cheesecake Bites? What’s your favourite cheesecake treat?