Quinoa with roasted eggplant, tomatoes, avocado and a sweet lemon vinaigrette.
When I need to throw together a yummy easy dinner, quinoa is always near the top of my list. I don’t have to worry about hitting all the food groups, one quinoa dish can cover it all. It’s packed with vitamins, nutrients, carbs, and protein and that’s before anything else is added to the dish. Once you throw in roasted eggplant, tomatoes, avocado and a skinny vinaigrette, you have a flavour-packed, healthy dinner that anyone can enjoy.
I love eggplant! Like seriously love eggplant. Whether it’s baked, barbecued, or roasted, I always love that deliciously creamy vegetable
Roasted Eggplant Quinoa embraces everything that makes this vegetable so truly tasty. It all starts with roasting the eggplant. With just a small amount of oil, salt and pepper, the eggplant becomes a lightly textured, warm and creamy treat.
When it’s combined with the rest of the ingredients, the eggplant just tastes better and better. Avocado amplifies the creamy flavour. Tomatoes add a juicy sweetness. And, as always, the quinoa adds a lovely nutty crunch. The flavours are finished off with a pop of zesty flavour, from the lemon vinaigrette.
With or without the dressing, Roasted Eggplant Quinoa is a quick and tasty meal.
- QUINOA INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped (2 tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees F (215 degrees C).
- Place eggplant on a parchment covered baking sheet. Toss with oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes. Stir and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Boil vegetable stock in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. When the stock begins to boil, lower the temperature to simmer.
- Add quinoa, cover the saucepan and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon, honey and Dijon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine quinoa, avocado, tomato and eggplant. Toss with dressing.
If you love eggplant, you may also enjoy Panko Crusted Eggplant Parmesan
If you love quinoa, you may also enjoy Berry Nutty Quinoa Salad
Have you tried Roasted Eggplant Quinoa? What’s your favourite eggplant or quinoa dish?