Quick and easy Asian-inspired noodle dish. Filled with mushrooms, garlic, and a lightly sweetened sauce, this is one devourable dish.
Lately, whenever my husband and I have a date night, I’m always ordering Asian style meals. From rice to pasta, I just love the garlic, ginger, and mix of flavours in these one bowl (or one plate) meals.
Unfortunately, sometimes these dishes are loaded with oil. With a puddle of oil resting at the bottom of the plate, you’re left with a greasy aftertaste. Garlic Asian Noodles has all the flavour of these dishes, without the excess oil.
Garlic Asian Noodles is a completely devourable dish. The best part, you don’t need any special noodles here. I used regular spaghetti noodles. But you can use linguine or even fettuccine.
Filled with mushrooms, garlic, ginger, and a lightly sweetened sauce, Garlic Asian Noodles is a tasty one pan dish.
It all begins with sautéing the garlic and ginger, creating an Eastern garlic flavour, that’s completely delicious. Sesame seeds are tossed in next, adding a nutty, crunchy texture. Mushrooms add a creamy element that’s so complimentary. Once they are cooked together, the noodles are added in and the sauce is drizzled on top.
When it all simmers together, every bite is infused with the flavours of each of the ingredients. Yum!
- 1 package spaghetti noodles
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger, cook for 1 minute.
- Add sesame seeds, cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until seeds are lightly toasted. Stir regularly to avoid burning.
- Saute mushrooms with garlic and ginger for 3 to 5 minutes, or until mushrooms release liquid.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add noodles to skillet and sprinkle with sweet soy sauce. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, or until noodles are evenly covered with the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you love Asian recipes, you may also enjoy Miso Glazed Salmon
If you love noodle dishes, you may also enjoy Creamy Avocado Spinach Pesto
Do you enjoy Asian style noodles? What’s your favourite Asian meal?