>When it comes to holidays, birthdays, or any sort of celebration, I love sweet, sentimental gifts. This Mother’s Day, I decided to make blooming handprint art for the grandmothers (my mother and mother-in-law). You could use this craft for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day, or any other fun holiday.
Make your own Blooming Handprint, download the PDF.
You Will Need:
- 5 x 7 frame
- Blooming Handprint background (download PDF version)
- adhesive paper or wrapping paper/scrapbook paper and glue (I used Glittering Foam Sheets)
- Using scissors, trim Blooming Handprint background along the dotted line. If you have a 4 x 6 fame, you’ll need to trim a little more.
- With a pencil, trace your child’s hand on the back of the adhesive paper, wrapping paper, or scrapbook paper.
- Cut out the handprint.
- If using adhesive paper, remove the backing and place it on the background. Or, if you’re using a glue stick, cover the back of the wrapping paper or scrapbook paper and place it on the background.
Note: Feel free to add any more detail to the background with colourful leaves. Or even let your child go wild and use crayons to colour the background.
If you love homemade gifts, you may also enjoy Swirl Painted Vases
Have you made Blooming Handprint? Do you like personal gifts? What’s your favourite sentimental gift?