Rich, satisfying, and healthy! You’ll want to make this cinnamon-flavoured dessert again and again.
In the battle between brownies and blondies, I’ve always been a blondie girl. If you haven’t had a blondie before, it’s basically a brownie, the same chewy yummy goodness, but without the cocoa flavoured batter. These Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Blondies are the best of both worlds – chocolate and vanilla. The gooey chocolate chips and the cinnamon, apple, vanilla batter will make you say, “Yum!”
These blondies taste even better when you realize that they are low fat. The only bit of fat is in the chocolate chips. Whatever variety of chocolate you choose, these blondies are delicious. Even my husband, who never gushes over food like me, thought they were “Amazing!”
Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Blondies
These blondies are so yummy, everyone will be asking, “Are they really low fat?” Simple, delicious, and low fat blondies – what more could you ask for?
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 tablespoons plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Coat non-stick baking pan (13 x 9) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine apple sauce, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into 12 bars.
If you love blondies, you may also enjoy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
Which side are you on, blondies or brownies? What’s your favourite type of blondie?