Sweet, tart and bursting with strawberry lemon flavour.
Something about lemonade just makes me think of the summer. Whether it’s the classic drink or lemonade flavoured food, it’s simply perfect for the summer. Like a tall glass of lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade Muffins are simply satisfying.
If you enjoy light and fluffy muffins, you’ll love these Skinny Strawberry Lemonade Muffins. They taste delicious and they’re fat free, making them even sweeter in my books. I love a treat that tastes great, and doesn’t leave me feeling sluggish or regretting it later.
Just like a tall glass of lemonade, one muffin just isn’t enough. After finishing one, you just want to have another.
- 2 and 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients: yogurt, honey, milk, apple sauce, egg whites, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture into dry. Stir just enough to blend. Gently fold in strawberries.
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill each tin.
- Bake muffins for 18 to 22 minutes, or until muffin tops are lightly browned.
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin.
If you love muffins, you may also enjoy Chocolate Cherry Muffins
Do you enjoy strawberry lemonade in the summer? What’s your favourite summer muffin?