Light and creamy cod perfectly poached in herb-flavoured milk.
This fish may sound fancy, but it’s deceptively simple. You may even have all of the ingredients in your house – other than the fish. The combination of milk, onions, mustard, lemon, garlic, and spice, give this cod a lovely light flavour.
Poaching is a perfect, healthy way to make fish. Unlike some poaching methods, this fish is cooked in the oven. There’s no need to stand over the stove, you can simply set the timer, put it in the oven, and walk away (just not too far away). Before you know it, the fish will be ready. Be prepared for a mild, flaky fish that will melt in your mouth.
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets cod
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towel.
- Combine milk, mustard, lemon juice, oregano, parsley, and garlic.
- Place cod in a shallow dish. Season with salt and pepper, cover with milk sauce, and sprinkle with onions.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
If you love cod, you may also enjoy Lemon Baked Cod
If you love fish, you may also enjoy Mushroom Smothered Salmon
Do you like poached fish? Have you tried poaching fish in milk?