Light, fluffy and fat free, Apple Banana Waffles are the perfect way to start the weekend.
Looking for the perfect way to start the weekend? Mine would begin with me sleeping in past 10 a.m. and waking up to a tray of waffles in bed. I know it’s just a fantasy, but it sure sounds good. Maybe one day I’ll sleep in again. Until then, I’ll wake up whenever my toddler daughter does and enjoy Apple Banana Waffles in the kitchen, with my family anxiously waiting until they’re ready. Who doesn’t love freshly baked waffles?
These waffles are yum! Like seriously yummy!! They don’t even need any toppings. But, let’s be realistic, topping are delicious! Fresh cut strawberries and blueberries with a drizzle of real maple syrup just make any breakfast truly scrumptious. Sure these waffles are already sweetened with maple syrup, but the Canadian in me says, “More maple syrup, more!”
Don’t get me wrong, these waffles are not even close to toothache sweet. They’re perfectly, lightly sweetened. The combination of apple sauce, maple syrup, banana, and vanilla, gives these waffles a subtle sweet flavour.
Apple Banana Waffles are even tastier when you realize that they are light, flavourful, fluffy, and fat free. So enjoy a waffle this weekend! Enjoy two or even three! Here’s to the weekend! Have a wonderfully-waffly one.
Apple Banana Waffles
These waffles are delicious, light, fluffy, and fat free. Your family will love Apple Banana Waffles. They’re the perfect way to start the weekend!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 banana, mashed
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a smaller mixing bowl combine apple sauce, maple syrup, banana, eggs, milk, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Add apple/banana mixture to flour one.
- Grease waffle iron with oil or oil spray. Preheat according to manufacture’s instructions.
- Pour batter into centre of the iron and close lid.
- Serve with your favourite waffle toppings. Plate and enjoy!
If you love brunch food, you may also enjoy Maple Mini Muffin Pancakes
Do you enjoy waffles? What’s your favourite breakfast or bunch food?