Lemon and chocolate lovers will melt over these skinny blondies.
I love food that keeps you guessing. At first sight, these looks like any other chocolate chip blondies. Sure, they’re delicious, but these blondies are so much more.
When you bite into a Lemon Chocolate Chip Blondie, the first thing you notice is the ooey gooey, melt in your mouth chocolate chips. Then the lemon flavour sneaks up on you, leaving you with a luscious lemon taste. Yum!
After one bite, you just want to have some more. Thankfully, these are a little guiltless, they’re skinny (or low fat). Your family will love this chocolatey, lemony treat.
Lemon Chocolate Chip Blondies
Perfectly melted chocolate and lemon flavoured batter make these blondies unforgettable. They are so delicious no one will believe that they are really low fat.
- 1 and 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 and 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Coat non-stick baking pan (13 x 9) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine apple sauce, eggs, yogurt, lemon juice, vanilla and lemon zest. Add to flour mixture. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into 12 bars.
If you love blondies, you may also enjoy Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars
Do you enjoy lemon desserts? What’s your favourite type of blondie? Have you tried Lemon Chocolate Chip Blondies?