My family loves chicken, I mean LOVES chicken. My husband and two year old daughter could eat it every single day. Since chicken is pretty much a blank canvas – easily dressed up with sauce, spices, or marinades – it’s fun to find new and interesting ways to prepare one of their favourite foods.
Teriyaki sauce can sometimes be sticky and a little tart, Apple Teriyaki Chicken’s sauce is lightly sweetened with apple sauce, honey, and sugar. This chicken is definitely not too sweet. The sweetness of the sauce is perfectly balanced with the spice of garlic and ginger, the tart of apple cider vinegar, and the salty, earthy flavour of soy sauce. The icing on this already tasty chicken is sesame seeds, adding a fun little crunch and a rich, nutty flavour.
Apple Teriyaki Chicken is a delicious, juicy chicken marinated in a lightly sweetened, fruity flavoured teriyaki sauce. You can whip up the sauce ahead of time and even marinade the chicken during the day. Whether you decide to marinate the chicken or not, after 20 minutes in the oven, you’ll have an amazing chicken that everyone in the family will love.
Apple Teriyaki Chicken
Looking for a juicy, delicious chicken? Apple Teriyaki Chicken is a lightly fruity, asian-inspired entrée that is sure to please. Enjoy this simple chicken in just 30 minutes.
- 5 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine apple sauce, soy sauce, honey, sugar, corn starch, vinegar, garlic, and ginger. Heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens and condenses. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In baking dish, evenly cover chicken with sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Have you tried Apple Teriyaki Chicken? What’s your favourite chicken recipe?