Light and creamy cheesecake swirled together with a double dose of decadent chocolate – talk about yummy. Maple Cheesecake Brownies are one tempting treat.
My most popular post to date is Healthy Blueberry Cheesecake. This cheesecake is so yummy (and healthy), I could eat it every day. Seriously, I could eat it every day. Since I’m always looking for fun ways to jazz up my favourite treats, I decided to give this cheesecake an extra pop of flavour. A little choco-flavour. Combine cheesecake with explosively chocolatey Two Bite Brownies batter, throw in a little maple syrup and you have a cheesy-chocolatey, heavenly treat.
Maple Cheesecake Brownies are the perfect blend of light and creamy cheesecake with rich, flavour-bursting chocolate. In the pictures above, you can see how the cheesecake and brownie swirl together, making a truly flavourful treat. At first bite, you taste an airy maple-sweetened cheesecake. Then you’re hit by a double dose of chocolate flavour – rich chocolate batter combined with ooey gooey chocolate chips.
These Maple Cheesecake Brownies may taste like a rich, heavenly treat, but they’re low in refined sugar and low in fat. I’ve substituted maple syrup for most of the brown sugar in this recipe. Maple syrup is a healthier sugar, it’s lower in calories and has less sugar per gram than refined sugars. Also, instead of being loaded with cream, this dessert is given its creamy texture by combining milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese. Best of all, this treat is unbelievably delicious.
- MAPLE CHEESECAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- BROWNIE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a food processor, combine cottage cheese, yogurt, eggs, sugar, syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine syrup, yogurt, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Mix to combine. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Coat non-stick baking pan (13 x 9) with cooking spray.
- Pour brownie mixture into pan. Cover with cheesecake mixture. Using a knife, carefully mix the two layers to create a swirl pattern.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool completely before refrigerating. Cut into 12 bars.
- Plate and enjoy!
If you love cheesecake, you may also enjoy Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
If you love brownies, you may also enjoy Two Bite Brownies
Have you tried Maple Cheesecake Brownies? What’s your favourite way to enjoy a cheesecake? Do you enjoy chocolate and cheesecake?