If you haven’t heard of the Liebster Award, it’s an award for bloggers from bloggers. It’s a supportive way to welcome new bloggers to the blogosphere. So, once again, thanks Lauren and Brittany, I officially feel welcomed.
With the nomination from Lauren, came a list of questions for me to complete. Here are my answers:
1. What is the story about your blog name?
Becoming a mother has been a life-changing experience (to say the least). It’s been more enjoyable and gratifying than I ever could have imagined. So, I am “this happy mommy.”
2. When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in June 2015. After friends and family were asking me to share many of my healthy recipes, I decided that this would be a fun way to do it.
3. If you could write a letter to yourself 10 years ago, what is one thing you would tell your younger self?
Just be you! It’s okay to just be your fun-loving, quirky self. I know it may sound corny, but I still struggle with the “just be you” thing. Even on this blog, I’m always trying to be my authentic, foodie, fun-loving self.
4. Where would you like to be in five years time?
I’d like to be happy. Sure, it would be exciting to have certain achievements, but at the end of the day, all I really want is health and happiness. (Sorry for the corny overload).
5. What do you find to be the most challenging part of blogging?
Finding the time to plan, photograph, edit, and write the blog posts. I’m only really able to work when my two year old daughter is napping or in the evening when she’s already asleep. Since sleep times can be inconsistent, I never know how much time I’ll have from day-to-day.
6. What advice would you give to someone just starting a blog?
Find something you really enjoy writing about. That way, even when it’s late at night and your writing away at your computer while the rest of world is sleeping, it won’t feel like work.
7. What is one goal related to blogging that you would like to complete in the next year?
I hope that I continue to have fresh, fun ideas that people enjoy reading. (I so appreciate all of my readers for reading, liking, and commenting on my blog posts.)
8. What is your favourite food?
I love food. I love pasta, fish, salad, and definitely sweet treats! But my favourite food would probably be something carby – bread, pasta, or something baked with chocolatey goodness. Let’s be real, my favourite food changes from day-to-day – that’s why you see so many new recipes.🙂
9. What do you like to do besides blogging?
If I have a few extra hours in the day, I love curling up in bed with a good book, catching up with friends/family, or watching TV with my hubby.
10. What is one thing you still definitely want to do in your life?
There is so much I want to do, but the first thing that comes to mind is travel. There’s nothing like traveling. I would love to see the world with my family and share the wonderful, life-changing experiences with them.
11. If you had all the money in the world, what would you do with it?
First, I’d use the money to spend more time with the people I love. Secondly, I’d use the money to help eradicate illnesses that plague so many people – like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and Parkinson’s disease. Those four diseases have touched the lives of those I love.
Enough about me, here are the bloggers I nominate for this fun award. There are so many amazing blogs I’ve come across over the last little while, but here are my nominees.
Your Home For Homemade Japanese Food
I❤ Heart Healthy Food
The Children’s Table
Kristen’s Kitchen Creations
Cookies and Chemistry
What’s Katie Up To?
Food Passion and Love
It’s Cooking with Magda
If you accept your nomination, here are my questions for you:
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- Which of your blog posts is your favourite? Why?
- If your blog had a mission statement, what would it be?
- What’s been the most rewarding part of becoming a blogger?
- What do your friends/family think of your blog?
- What’s your favourite form of social media? Why?
- Who is your favourite blogger? Why?
- Other than blogging, what are your hobbies?
- Who is the biggest influence in your life?
- What makes you happy?
- What makes you laugh out loud?
The “rules” of the Liebster Award are:
- Create a blog post answering the questions above.
- In your post, link back to the person who nominated you. (That’s me!)
- After answering my questions, add a section for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers. Provide them with instructions and give them 11 questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and provide them with a link to your post.
- When you’re all done, comment below with the link to your post. I’d love to read your answers!
Once again, thanks to Lauren, from Lauren’s Living – Healthy, and thanks Brittany from Life in Lipstick for the nomination. This is a great way to get to know fellow bloggers in such a friendly and supportive manner.
Update (May 9, 2016) – I’m pleased to announce that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award again. Thanks Lindsay, from Letters to Dutch. It is so sweet of you to think of This Happy Mommy.