Bite-sized pumpkin treats topped with melted chocolate chips.
Is it just me, or do small sweets truly taste better? Whether they seems more guiltless or more tantalizing, small treats are simply irresistible.
Mini Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are soft, flavourful, and packed full of pumpkin spiced batter and perfectly melted chocolate chips.
They’re so teeny tiny, you can eat five of them in one sitting. With their small size, Mini Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are truly kid friendly. My two year old daughter just loves them. Any mini treat is just right for her.
Instead of mixing chocolate chips right into the pumpkin spiced batter, I decided to place three chips onto each muffin. This helps to increase the chocolate flavour, without adding in more chips.
With the chocolate chip on top, the first flavour you taste is perfectly melted chocolate chips, followed by rich and creamy pumpkin spiced muffins.
If you prefer chocolate throughout, simply mix the chocolate chips right into the batter before baking. Anyway you make them, these mini treats will pack a serious chocolate-pumpkin punch.
Mini Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
With all the sweet flavour of spiced pumpkins combined with melt-in-your-mouth chocolate, Mini Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are a perfect little treat. In less than 20 minutes, you’ll have the perfect quick, grab and go choco-pumpkin treat.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (3 chips per muffin)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit (220 celsius). Coat mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg.
- In a smaller mixing bowl combine yogurt, pumpkin, eggs, maple, apple sauce, and vanilla.
- Add yogurt mixture to flour one. Stir to combine. Fill mini muffin tins. Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown on top.
- Let cool for 1 to 2 minutes before removing from pan.
- Plate and enjoy!
If you love mini muffins, you may also enjoy Maple Mini Muffin Pancakes
If you love pumpkin, you may also enjoy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
Have you tried Mini Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins? Do you love mini muffins? What’s your favourite mini treat?