Herb flavoured salmon topped with creamy avocado salsa.
Every bite of this salmon is perfectly flavoured. Salmon with Avocado Salsa is covered with a medley of herbs and spices. The combination of parsley, dill, onion, and salt give the salmon a savoury crust. When topped with avocado salsa, this salmon is the perfect balance of savoury spices and creamy avocado.
The creamy avocado salsa not only looks beautiful cascading over the salmon, but it tastes amazing too. Don’t you love when the garnish actually adds to the meal?
Creamy avocado salsa is such a tasty combination of flavours, you could enjoy it on its own, or even with tortilla chips. Talk about a perfect meal – appetizer and main course.
Avocado salsa is a combination of avocados, tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Honey helps to balance the tart flavour of the lime juice and mellow the robust flavour of the onion and garlic.
Salmon with Avocado Salsa
Salmon with Avocado Salsa is an eye-catching 30 minute meal. It’s easy to whip up and impress guests, family, and of course yourself.
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets salmon
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon dill, dried
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Avocado Salsa Ingredients:
- 2 avocados, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine parsley, dill, and salt. Place salmon on baking pan covered with parchment paper. Rub dill spice mix on salmon. Set aside.
- Whisk together lime, honey, garlic, and cumin. Pour it over tomato, avocado, and cilantro. Gently mix. Refrigerate avocado salsa.
- Bake salmon for 8 to 12 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork. Serve with avocado salsa.
If you love salmon, you may also enjoy Mushroom Smothered Salmon
If you love avocados, you may also enjoy Creamy Avocado Pasta
Have you tried Salmon with Avocado Salsa? Do you enjoy avocados? What’s your favourite way to eat avocados?