Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, these cookie bars are a lightly sweetened nutty treat.
Thick, chewy, and perfectly soft in the middle, peanut butter and chocolate lovers will adore these cookie bars. Densely flavoured with all of the goodness of chocolate and peanut butter cookies, each bite of these cookie bars is pure satisfaction.
When you first bite into Peanut Butter Cookie Bars you taste honey sweetened peanut butter batter, melted chocolate chips and a hint of banana. Yes, banana! Mashed banana effortlessly replaces oil, butter and eggs in this recipe. Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are a wonderful, lower fat cookie treat.
Banana, chocolate, and peanut butter – talk about serious cookie deliciousness!
Before baking, the Peanut Butter Cookie Bars have a thick, cookie dough consistency. You’ll want to push the dough evenly into the baking pan, pressing it into all of the corners. This helps the bars cook evenly and gives them a smooth, uniformed appearance. Simply bake the bars and voila – you have a wonderfully tasty treat.
Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are packed with peanut butter flavoured batter and chocolate chips. Feel free to add peanut butter chips instead of chocolate chips. There are so many tasty alternatives. Whatever you choose, you’ll be reaching for a tall glass of milk after eating these sweet cookie treats.
Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are a great alternative to cookies. They’re easy to make, transport and are perfect for a crowd.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup banana, mashed (2 bananas)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Coat non-stick baking pan (13 x 9) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine brown flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine banana, peanut butter, honey and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into 12 bars.
If you love cookie bars, you may also enjoy Campfire Blondies
Have you tried Peanut Butter Cookie Bars? What’s your favourite cookie treat?