All the flavours of apple pie baked into a moist and cakey two-bite treat.
With the smells of baked apple pie waffling through your house, your mouth can’t help but water as Apple Pie Cake Bites bake to perfection in your oven. With a light and spongy outside and a creamy, pie-flavoured inside, these mini treats are simply scrumptious.
Apple Pie Cake Bites are bursting with the flavours of baked apples, pie spices and vanilla cake batter. When they’re hot and fresh out of the oven, they are the perfect combination of a fluffy cake and a warm apple pie. Whether you eat them hot or even cold the next day, no one can resist eating one, two or even a whole batch of these mini treats.
Not only are these mini cakes bite-sized, they are truly guilt-free. Apple Pie Cake Bites are fat free and even lower in sugar. With a rich, moist batter, you’d never know that these treats are so light. The combination of maple syrup, apple sauce, milk and apples creates a velvety cake that tastes perfect for days.
Sugar wise, most of the brown sugar in these cake bites is replaced with maple syrup, which is lower in calories and has less sugar per gram than refined sugars. Real maple syrup is so naturally sweet, you won’t taste the difference.
Apple Pie Cake Bites are deceptively delicious. They may be lower in calories and fat free, but there’s nothing diet tasting about them.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine syrup, apple sauce, milk and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Mix to combine. Stir in apples.
- Coat non-stick mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Spoon apple mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from tins.
- Plate and enjoy!
If you love apples, you may also enjoy Apple Honey Cake
Do you love apple pie? What’s your favourite apple pie tasting food? Have you tried Apple Pie Cake Bites?