Minty, chocolatey and green! A light and fluffy mug cake filled with mint-flavoured batter and chocolate chips.
Mint Chocolate Chip Mug Cake is perfectly minty – mint coloured and mint flavoured. How perfect is that? With the subtle balance of mint-flavoured batter, chocolate chips and an appetizing green hue, this is one decadent treat.
Brightly coloured desserts are so much fun, especially when it’s unexpected. How often do you get to eat green cake? There’s no food colouring in this five-minute cake. Instead, it’s given its vibrant green colour from mashed avocados. Yes, avocados.
If you haven’t baked with avocados before, they are amazing in desserts. They add a pop of colour, which perfectly compliments the mint flavour. Colour aside, avocados add a soft, chewy and butter-like texture to this lightly sweetened mint cake.
Avocados are truly a super food. They are packed full of omega-3’s and vitamin E, which is great for your hair and skin. Delicious, creamy and healthy – I love this versatile green fruit! (Check out these other avocado recipes: Creamy Avocado Pasta, Salmon with Avocado Salsa and Avocado Caesar Salad.)
Mint Chocolate Chip Mug Cake is a single-serving, guilt-free treat. There’s no butter, oil or eggs in this mug cake. Instead, milk and avocado are used to create a moist and creamy cake that has the perfect balance of lightly sweetened mint batter and melted chocolate chips. No one can resist this quick and easy mint green treat.
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons avocado, mashed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using a microwave safe, 8-ounce mug, add flour, sugar, avocado, milk, baking powder, mint and vanilla. Mix with a fork or a small whisk.
- Add chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute 20 seconds.
- Let cool for a few minutes before eating.
If you love avocado desserts, you may also enjoy Chocolate Avocado Mousse
If you love mug cakes, you may also enjoy Apple Pie Spiced Mug Cake
Do you enjoy single serving cakes? Have you tried Mint Chocolate Chip Mug Cake?