Enjoy all the flavours of birthday cake with sprinkles, ready in only 5 minutes.
I love birthdays – the joy, the merriment and of course the desserts. To celebrate my birthday – yep, it’s my birthday today – I wanted to share a little sweet treat with all of you. If I could make a super big cake and give each of you a slice, I would. Instead, I’ll share a sweet, mug cake recipe. Think of this as my big slice for you.
There’s nothing like a vanilla cake bursting with sprinkles. It just screams party! Birthday Mug Cake is filled with everything you love about birthday cakes – rich vanilla batter, a velvety, creamy texture and of course, sprinkles.
Forget about baking and frosting the perfect birthday cake. Birthday Mug Cake is ready in only five minutes. When it’s warm and fresh out of the microwave, you can top it with a candle or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Whichever way you serve it, your sweet wishes will come true when you take your first bite.
On its own, this tender cake takes like a real celebration, but when you add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it adds another dimension of flavour. Mellow and creamy, vanilla ice cream heightens the vanilla flavoured batter. A la mode or on its own, Birthday Mug Cake is one tasty dessert.
Birthday Mug Cake
Enjoy all the flavours of a perfect birthday cake any day of the year. With a moist and rich vanilla flavoured batter and colourful sprinkles throughout, any day can feel like your special day.
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sprinkles
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- Combine flour, milk, sugar, apple sauce, baking powder, vanilla and salt in a microwave safe mug. Mix with a fork or small whisk.
- Stir in sprinkles and mix to combine.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. If cake is not ready, heat 10 seconds at a time until done.
- Let cool for a few minutes before eating.
If you love mug cakes, you may also enjoy Mint Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
Do you enjoy single serving cakes? Have you tried Birthday Mug Cake?