Healthy cobb salad served with a rich dill dressing and made without oil or cream.
This skinny version of a cobb salad is one healthy meal. It’s filled with lettuce, chickpeas, tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, onions and cucumbers. With a delicious balance of protein and veggies, you can feel good and satisfied after enjoying this meal.
If you have some other favourite cobb salad toppings, you can completely customize this salad for yourself. Try adding shredded carrots, roasted chicken breast, kernels of corn, tuna, sliced avocado or cheese. Any way that you prepare it, Creamy Dill Cobb Salad is a simple, tasty meal.
Creamy Dill is the perfect light dill salad dressing. The combination of Greek yogurt and milk creates a subtle, creamy base, which perfectly compliments all the different flavours of the salad. Adding in lemon helps to thicken the milk, mimicking the flavour and texture of buttermilk. Fresh chives, parsley and garlic effortlessly combine with dill to enhance the light herb flavours of the dressing. Finally, Worcestershire sauce rounds out the other flavours and enhances them, adding a distinct pop of flavour.
Creamy Dill Cobb Salad
Give your cobb salad a dose of flavour. With creamy dill dressing, delicious veggies and protein, you can’t help but love this healthy dish. Unlike traditional creamy dressings, this dill dressing is made without oil, cream or mayonnaise. Instead, it’s made with Greek yogurt and milk. Yum!
Cobb Salad Ingredients:
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can of chickpeas
- 6 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup purple onion, thinly sliced
Creamy Dill Dressing Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chives fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon dill, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, stir lemon juice and milk together. Let sit for 5 minutes to create healthy buttermilk alternative.
- Add yogurt, chives, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, dill, garlic and salt. Mix until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, chickpeas, eggs, tomatoes, cucumbers and onions. Toss with creamy dill dressing.
- Plate and enjoy!
If you love salad, you may also enjoy Creamy Balsamic Garden Salad
Do you love fresh salads? Have you tried Creamy Dill Cobb Salad?