Rich and creamy macaroni and cheese made with cheddar cheese, avocado and basil.
Creamy, cheesy, comfort food – need I say more!! There’s nothing like cheesy, carby comfort food. With a distinct cheddar cheese and avocado flavour, this is one amazing macaroni and cheese.
Avocado Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese tastes like an adult version of the classic pasta dish. With basil, avocado and cheese, this dish is also completely kid-friendly. Anyone can love this decadent and creamy pasta.
Make it with shell noodles if you feel like something different or with macaroni noodles if you’re more of a traditionalist. Regardless of the noodle’s shape, if you love avocado and cheese, this pasta dish is sure to please. Every bite of pasta is covered in the perfect combination of creamy avocados and melted cheddar cheese. Yum!
With a healthier twist on this pasta dish, Avocado Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese incorporates some really tasty alterations. Instead of cream, there’s milk, cottage cheese and avocados. Together, they create a rich and velvety base for the creamy, cheesy sauce. Garlic, basil and lemon add a wonderfully subtle flavour that’s lightly tangy with sweet and peppery essence. Every little bit of the sauce perfectly enhances the melted cheddar cheese.
Every bite of the pasta dish is truly delicious. You’ll just have to try some!
Avocado Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese
Want some creamy, cheesy comfort food? Avocado Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese is calling your name. With a combination of cheddar cheese, avocado, milk and basil this is one deliciously dressed up pasta.
- 1 package macaroni or shell noodles
- 2 avocados, pitted and chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups, shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 2 tablespoons of pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté garlic for 1 minute in oil.
- Using a food processor, puree garlic, avocados, lemon, basil and cottage cheese.
- Over medium heat, combine milk and flour in a saucepan. Whisk together until well combined. When sauce thickens add cheese. Heat until cheese melts.
- Add drained pasta to large bowl. Cover with avocado sauce followed by cheese sauce. Mix well to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you love cheesy pasta, you may also enjoy Lighter Baked Macaroni and Cheese
If you love avocado, you may also enjoy Creamy Avocado Pasta
Do you love macaroni and cheese? Have you tried Avocado Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese? What’s your favourite pasta dish?