Crisp lettuce with sweet and creamy orange dressing, mandarin orange slices, cucumbers, dried cranberries and roasted almonds.
I love guiltless meals that are rich, creamy and completely delicious. In the colder months it’s all about hot pasta and chili, but in the summertime I want salad. Crave-worthy creamy salad dressings draped over lettuce is so satisfying in the summer.
With a balance of rich, sweet and savoury, this salad is filled with summertime flavours. From its orange juice dressing to the mandarin orange slices and roasted almonds that are mixed throughout, you can truly taste the summertime sunshine in this Creamy Orange Salad.
Creamy Orange Salad dressing is super simple to make. With only five ingredients it’s a wonderful addition to any meal. The combination of orange juice, Greek yogurt, miso paste, apple cider vinegar and soy sauce give this dressing a flavourful balance of fruity and creamy with an ever-present savoury zing.
The orange juice and Greek yogurt create a perfectly sweet base for this dressing that is oh so creamy. To round out the flavours, apple cider vinegar compliments the orange, while creating a wonderful oil and vinegar type balance to this dressing. Finally, the combination of miso paste and soy sauce add a savoury element with a subtle Asian undertone.
Whether you’re looking to throw together a simple meal or you’re entertaining a crowd, Creamy Orange Salad is a wonderful addition to any meal. Add some grilled chicken or salmon on top, and this salad becomes a delicious entrée.
- SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup blanched almonds, sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can mandarin orange slices
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- CREAMY ORANGE SALAD DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper. Evenly lay out almond slices. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip almond slices. Bake for 2 more minutes, or until desired colour.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, yogurt, miso paste, apple cider vinegar and soy sauce. Mix until the dressing is smooth and well combined.
- Fill a large bowl with lettuce. Evenly mix in salad dressing. Top with almonds and orange slices.
- Plate and enjoy!
If you love salad, you may also enjoy Miso Caesar Salad
Do you love fresh salads? Have you tried Creamy Orange Salad?