I’ve been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award. I am sending out a big thank you to Dolly from Kool Kosher Kitchen for nominating me.
If you haven’t heard of The Sunshine Blogger Award, it’s an award for bloggers from bloggers. It’s a way of recognizing bloggers who are positive and who creatively inspire others. So, once again, thanks Dolly!!
Along with my nomination, came a list of rules and here they are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
Q & A
1. If you were an animal, who would you be and why?
Dolphins are one of my favourite animals. They’re smart, playful, and it would be amazing to live in the ocean as one of them.
2. What is your first thought when you wake up in the morning?
I am not a morning person, which can be a little challenging as a mom of a toddler. Sometimes, when I’m still asleep, my husband will let my daughter crawl into bed beside me. When I open my eyes and see her smiling face, I can’t help but think, “I am so lucky!”
3. What do you do to calm down when stressed out?
Stress is a funny thing. Sometimes all it takes is a deep breath, other times I talk it over with family or close friends. If nothing else, time always helps.
4. Do you prefer indoors or outdoors time?
Both! In the summer months, I love going outside. Other times, I’d rather be indoors – watching a movie, playing a game, or just spending time with my family.
5. How do you vacation?
Vacations are a great escape from the everyday. I love visiting new places or exploring my own city. Either way, I love being with my family.
6. How often do you smile and why?
I smile a lot. The people who make me smile the most are my husband and my daughter. They are both such funny people. It’s hard to keep a straight face around them.
7. What kind of art makes you breathless?
There a few pieces of art that I could stare at forever, like Monet’s Water Lillies and Van Gogh’s The Starry Night.
8. What do you think of social media?
As a blogger, social media is a wonderful way to engage with readers and share posts. It’s also a great way to keep in touch with family and friends. Whether you live in the same city or on the other side of the world, social media is a quick and easy way to stay in touch.
9. Wine, beer, or strong liquor?
I’m definitely more of a wine girl. I love the sweet and bubbly varieties.
10. How much green is in your food?
I try to eat a healthy diet. Sometimes I’m really good at including those leafy greens, other times I just want some comfort food.
11. Rain or shine?
Rain can be beautiful, but nothing beats a bright and sunny day! 🙂
There are so many amazing blogs, but here are my nominees for The Sunshine Blogger Award:
If you accept your nomination, here are my questions for you:
- What makes you happy?
- What makes you laugh out loud?
- Who’s your favourite comedian or comedic actor? Why?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What’s your favourite season or time of year?
- Do you crave sweet or savoury food?
- If you had a theme song, what song would it be?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
- Do you prefer talking or texting?
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- Besides blogging, what else do you enjoy doing?
Once again, thank you Dolly, I am so flattered that you nominated me. This is a wonderful and supportive way to promote other “sunny” blogs.
Update (July 22, 2016) – I’m pleased to announce that I’ve been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award again. Thanks Food By Mama!!! It is so sweet of you to nominate This Happy Mommy for such a wonderfully happy award.