Light quinoa salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, parsley, and mint.
There’s something about the combination of fresh mint and parsley that makes this salad a wonderful addition to any meal. When you throw in some fresh fruit, veggies and quinoa, this dish becomes even tastier.
I love quinoa. It’s light, crunchy and always satisfying. A couple years ago, I was super into quinoa. Eating it for lunch, dinner and several times a week, I couldn’t get enough of it. After a little hiatus, I am back on the quinoa train. But this time, I have a more balanced approach. I’ll only make one quinoa dish per week. And so far, so good.
My love for quinoa comes from a really good place. As a total foodie, I love how delicious and versatile it is. You can make it into almost anything – a topping for fish, a fruit-filled salad or serve it with a spicy sauce. Any way you prepare it, quinoa is a real superfood. It’s packed with protein, iron, vitamins, minerals, calcium, and it’s gluten-free.
Along with my love for quinoa, sometimes I just crave veggies. Those crunchy, feel good treats add a tasty pop of colour to any dish. Quinoa Tabbouleh is the perfect combination of feel good veggies and super healthy quinoa. Packed with cucumbers, red onions, tomatoes, parsley, mint, and lemon, this is one deliciously healthy recipe that anyone can enjoy. And it’s oh so easy to make.
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped (2 tomatoes)
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped (1/2 cucumber)
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Boil vegetable stock in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. When the stock begins to boil, lower the temperature to simmer.
- Add quinoa, cover the saucepan and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- In a medium bowl, combine quinoa, tomatoes, red onion, parsley, mint, and cucumber. Toss with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
If you love quinoa, you may also enjoy Berry Nutty Quinoa Salad
Have you tried Quinoa Tabbouleh? What’s your favourite quinoa dish?