Quick and easy pasta sauce with a savoury sun dried tomato flavour.
Creamy Sun Dried Tomato and Avocado Pesto is a combination of two of my favourite pasta sauces, Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta and Creamy Avocado Pasta. Both of these sauces have a deliciously creamy flavour. But when you combine the smokey, sun dried tomato flavour with a tasty avocado one, you have a new, tasty sauce.
Creamy Sun Dried Tomato and Avocado Pesto is creamy, flavourful, and wonderfully delicious. Add it to your favourite pasta or enjoy it as a spread on a piece of bread. This rich sauce can enhance any dish.
The combination of sun dried tomatoes, fresh basil, avocado, sautéed garlic, cottage cheese, and lemon juice creates a truly luscious pasta sauce. Puréeing the sun dried tomatoes with sautéed garlic creates an almost smokey flavour. The basil adds a light pepper taste, while cottage cheese and avocado add a rich and creamy flavour. Finally, the lemon juice adds a zest, fresh flavour, keeping the sauce tasty for days.
Using jarred sun dried tomatoes makes this recipe even easier. Not only is opening a jar of sun dried tomatoes and pouring it into a food processor pretty much the easiest prep work ever, but since the tomatoes are already marinated in oil, there is no need to soften them. You do not need to use all of the oil, simply adjust it to taste.
If the sauce is a little thick, add some pasta water to thin it out. Add only one tablespoon at a time. This helps to control the thinning process. When it’s all done, you’ll have a creamy pasta sauce filled with a rich, tomato flavour.
- 1 package pasta
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, jar with oil
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat sauté garlic for 1 to 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Stir in basil, cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Carefully add to food processor.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, avocados, cottage cheese, and lemon juice to food processor. Puree until sauce is smooth. If needed, add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time to thin sauce.
- Add pasta to sauce. Plate and enjoy!
If you love pasta, you may also enjoy Creamy Avocado Pasta
Have you tried Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta? What’s your favourite pesto sauce? What’s your favourite pasta meal?