Perfectly spongy and filled with the sweet flavours of banana and butterscotch.
When you just want a single-size dessert, there is nothing like a mug cake. It starts off piping hot, like a perfect baked treat, fresh out of the oven. And then it cools into a simply delicious sweet treat.
Banana and butterscotch are an explosively sweet combination. With the naturally sweet banana, which becomes even sweeter as it bakes in the microwave, and the lightly melted butterscotch chips, this is one deliciously sweet treat. My family loves this mug cake so much, they want to call it “Bananascotch.”
Whatever you call it, when there are small pieces of banana baked throughout, this sweet cake packs a serious punch. Adding fresh fruit amplifies the natural sweetness of the cake and adds a fun bit of texture.
On its own, this tender cake is pure comfort food. When you add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it adds another dimension of flavour. Mellow and creamy, vanilla ice cream enhances the light vanilla flavour in the cake batter and sweetens this mini treat. A la mode or on its own, Banana Butterscotch Mug Cake is one tasty dessert.
Indulge in a treat with nearly no mess. Mug cakes are the perfect sized treat to share. Or enjoy all by yourself guilt-free. Go for it and eat the whole cake.
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons banana, mashed with chunks
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch chips
- Combine flour, sugar, apple sauce, milk, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a microwave safe mug. Mix with a fork or small whisk.
- Stir in butterscotch chips and mix to combine.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. If the cake is not ready, heat 10 seconds at a time until done.
- Let cool for a few minutes before eating.
If you love mug cakes, you may also enjoy Mint Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
If you love bananas, you may also enjoy Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Do you enjoy single serving cakes? Have you tried Banana Butterscotch Mug Cake?