Small, bite-sized treats filled with fluffy mint batter and chocolate chips.
If you love mint and chocolate chips, you’ll love these sweet, refreshing treats. Mint Chocolate Chip Bites are perfectly minty – mint coloured and mint flavoured. How perfect is that? With the subtle balance of mint-flavoured batter, chocolate chips and a wonderfully green hue, this is one tasty treat.
There’s no food colouring in this mini treat. Instead, it’s given its vibrant green colour from mashed avocados. Yes, avocados.
If you haven’t baked with avocados before, they are amazing in desserts. In this treat, avocado adds a pop of colour, which perfectly compliments the mint flavour. Colour aside, avocado adds a soft, chewy and butter-like texture. But you won’t even taste the avocado. With the added mint and vanilla, all you’ll enjoy is a fluffy two-bite cake.
Mint Chocolate Chip Bites are truly guilt-free. There’s no butter or oil in this dessert. Instead, milk and avocado are used to create a moist and creamy cake that has the perfect balance of lightly sweetened mint batter and melted chocolate chips. No one can resist this quick and easy mint green treat.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup, plus 3 tablespoons avocado, mashed (1 large avocado)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine mashed avocado milk, eggs, mint, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Mix to combine. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Coat non-stick mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before removing from tins.
- Plate and enjoy!
Note: Mash the avocado until there are virtually no chunks. Then measure the avocado. This is the most accurate way to measure a puréed fruit.
If you love avocado desserts, you may also enjoy Chocolate Avocado Mousse
If you love bite-sized treats, you may also enjoy Two Bite Brownies
Do you enjoy two-bite treats? What’s your favourite dessert? Have you tried Mint Chocolate Chip Bites?