Each bite of these tasty muffins bursts with raspberry, lemon, and vanilla flavour.
Take a big bite out of summer with Raspberry Muffins. You can taste the warm sun that grew the berries, the sweet bits of honey, and the lovely lemon flavoured batter. Yum!
When you eat Raspberry Muffins fresh out of the oven, the warm berries melt in your mouth. With a lightly tart raspberry flavour, surrounded by a lemon and vanilla sweetened batter, these muffins are a truly tasty treat.
The combination of sweet and tart make these muffins a wonderful snack or addition to any meal. When the flavours combine with the light and fluffy muffin batter, you can’t help but love every bite.
If you haven’t cooked with frozen raspberries before, it’s a total dream. There’s no washing or prepping, the raspberries are just there waiting for you. Plus, they’re always fresh, tasty and completely delicious. Isn’t that just perfect!
As you stir the frozen raspberries into the muffin batter, they begin to break down, giving the muffins a swirl of colour and flavour. If you mix the frozen berries too much, the muffins will become more of a raspberry red colour. Try to mix the berries in just enough so they are evenly mixed throughout.
While the muffins bake, the frozen raspberries defrost leaving the muffins light and perfectly moist. It’s hard to resist taking a big bite out of these muffins. And once you try one, you’ll just want more and more.
What are you waiting for? These summer fresh muffins are sure to be a hit with anyone you share them with.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 1 cup fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- In another bowl combine yogurt, apple sauce, maple syrup/honey, egg whites, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Pour wet yogurt mixture into flour one. Stir to combine. Fold in raspberries.
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill each tin.
- Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until muffin tops are lightly browned.
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin.
If you love muffins, you may also enjoy Apple Banana Muffins
If you love raspberries, you may also enjoy Creamy Raspberry Lemonade
Have you tried Raspberry Muffins? What’s your favourite summer berry treat? A drink, a popsicle, a salad, a muffin, or something else?