Each bite of these tasty muffins bursts with fruity mango flavour and melted chocolate chips.
School may be back in session, but summer tasting food is still perfectly in season. Sure, the weather may be getting cooler, and a fall breeze may flow through your hair, but your taste buds can still soak in the summer season with freshly baked Mango Muffins. With the tropical flavour of mango combined with apple sauce and chocolate chips, you have a truly tasty treat that’s perfect for any time of the year.
When you eat Mango Muffins fresh out of the oven, the warm mango infused batter melts in your mouth. With a wonderfully sweet mango flavour combined with maple syrup and vanilla, these muffins are a truly tasty treat.
Mango Muffins are an easily portable treat. Whether you add them to your meal time or snack time, it’s hard not to love every bite of these perfectly sweet treats.
If you haven’t cooked with frozen mango before, it’s a total dream. There’s no washing or prepping the mango, it’s all done for you. Plus, the mango is always fresh, tasty and completely delicious. Isn’t that just perfect!
Simply measure the mango from the freezer and add it to a blender or food processor. The mango is easier to puree when you combine it with apple sauce and maple syrup. Just try not to eat it all before adding it to the rest of the muffin batter. The mango mixture smells so tasty, it’s hard to resist licking the bowl clean.
As you stir the mango mixture into the muffin batter, you’ll notice that the batter becomes a beautiful golden colour. When the mango puree bakes with the muffins, the flavour is truly fruity and fabulous.
Mango Muffins are seriously hard to resist. Once you try one, you’ll just want more and more.
What are you waiting for? These summer fresh muffins are sure to be a hit with anyone you share them with.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a large bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a blender or food processor, combine mango, apple sauce, and maple syrup. Blend until well combined. Stir in egg whites and vanilla.
- Pour mango mixture into flour one. Stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill each tin.
- Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until muffin tops are lightly browned.
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin.
If you love muffins, you may also enjoy Apple Banana Muffins
Have you tried Mango Muffins? What’s your favourite sweet summer treat? What’s your favourite back to school snack?