Zesty and flavourful pasta salad filled with red onions, black beans and corn.
When it comes to simple meals, this one is at the top of my list. Made with only six ingredients, this quick and easy 20-minute meal is sure to please. You can enjoy it for lunch, dinner, or anything else in between. Whenever you have it, Mexican Pasta Salad is a wonderfully flavourful meal.
Sometimes you just want a big bowl of comfort food. It’s rich, delicious and oh so crave-worthy. With a light and refreshing creamy salsa sauce, red onions, black beans, and corn, this is one flavour-packed dish that anyone can enjoy.
Using canned black beans and corn makes this recipe even easier. Not only is opening a can of beans and corn truly simple prep work, but when they’re sauteed with red onions, the flavours become even better. The corn develops this wonderful roasted flavour, the onion becomes a little milder, and the black beans develop this tasty, bold flavour.
Mexican Pasta Salad has the simplest two ingredient sauce. It’s made with salsa and fat free sour cream. You can choose a salsa that is as spicy or mild as you like. I’m more of a mild fan. As long as there are chunks of tomato in the salsa, I’m happy.
The balance of sour cream and salsa is wonderful. The sauce is creamy, zesty, and truly tasty.
The flavours of the sauce are amplified when it’s combined with the red onions, black beans and corn. Together, this pasta is a tasty dish that’s perfect for lunch, dinner, or any get together.
Mexican Pasta Salad just gets better and better. By the next day, the flavours continue to meld, creating a pasta that’s even more enticing.
- 1 (750 gram) package of macaroni noodles
- 1 ( 540 mL) can of black beans
- 1 (341 mL) can of corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (optional as garnish)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat sauté onion for 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly translucent.
- Pour in the drained can of black beans and corn. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- To make the sauce, combine salsa and sour cream.
- Assemble the pasta salad. Stir noodles with sautéd vegetables and sauce. Mix to combine.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours to let the flavours combine.
- Plate, garnish with cilantro, and enjoy!
If you love pasta, you may also enjoy Cottage Cheese Tomato Sauce
Have you tried Mexican Pasta Salad? What’s your favourite pasta salad?