Perfectly spongy cake filled with a luscious and lightly sweetened autumn-filled pumpkin dessert.
There’s something about the month of October. As soon as the calendar changes, pumpkins seem to be everywhere. From pumpkin picking to pumpkin flavoured food, pumpkins are all over the place. Sometimes I think that October should be called Pumpkin-tober.
So, in the name Pumpkin-tober, I’m excited to share a pumpkin-licious recipe with you. If you love pumpkins (or making up pumpkin words!) this is the dessert for you. With a wonderful pumpkin flavour, aromatic autumn spices, and a light, spongy texture, Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake is a quick and easy dessert that is sure to please.
Do you ever just want a little something sweet? Something that is freshly made, but won’t sit in your kitchen for ages tempting you to eat more? That’s where Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake comes in.
This single serving, microwaveable dessert is the perfect balance of aromatic spices and pumpkin flavour. Infused with cinnamon, all spice, and nutmeg, Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake is filled with the crisp and comforting flavours of fall with a light and spongy texture.
Whether you are making a treat for yourself or whipping up a few for the special people in your family, there’s nothing like a freshly baked cake. When it’s piping hot, and freshly made, mug cakes are seriously a perfect treat. When it’s ready in under five minutes, it couldn’t be more perfect.
Go for it – indulge in a pumpkin treat today!
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch salt
- Combine flour, sugar, pumpkin puree, apple sauce, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg, and salt in a microwave-safe mug. Mix with a fork or small whisk.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. If the cake is not ready, heat 10 seconds at a time until done.
- Let cool for a few minutes before eating.
If you love mug cakes, you may also enjoy Mint Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
Do you enjoy pumpkin desserts? Have you tried Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake?