A marinara sauce that is so tasty, no one will believe that it takes only 10 minutes to make.
Life can sometimes get busy. With family, work, and everything else in between, some days it can feel like making dinner simply falls on the back burner.
What if you could make a healthy and tasty dinner in 10 minutes? You can fit that into even the busiest days. Right? With only a few minutes, you can truly have a delicious meal.
10 Minute Marinara Sauce is a quick, easy sauce perfect for your favourite pasta dish. With a bed of al dente noodles beneath this light marina sauce, you and your family can enjoy a comforting meal. Plus, it’s so simple to prepare, it almost makes itself.
Whenever we make pasta in our house, my four-year-old daughter has a special job. She is the official pasta chooser. Together we go into the cupboard and I pull out all of the different noodles we have. She hums and haws over which one will be best. For this dish, she chose rigatoni. With its wide shape, it wonderfully picks up the marinara sauce. But any noodle will do!
10 Minute Marinara Sauce tastes like the perfect balance of tomato, herbs, and garlic. It’s not overly tart or extremely herb based. This pasta is truly simple – simply flavoured and simple to prepare. It’s really a perfect dinner for any night!
Sometimes you have the time to prepare a big meal. Other times, you’re lucky to have anything prepared. 10 Minute Marinara Sauce is the perfect meal for any night, especially when you only have a few minutes to throw a dinner together.
The secret to this tasty sauce is the wonderfully fresh ingredients. Made with onion, garlic, basil, and fresh parsley, 10 Minute Marinara Sauce is a light and tasty marinara sauce. With a wonderful balance of tomato, onion, garlic, fresh herbs, and spices, this a sauce that anyone can enjoy.
I know what I’m having for dinner tonight. What about you?
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil for 2 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in remaining marinara sauce ingredients. Simmer for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With an immersion blender, carefully puree pasta sauce.
- If you want a thicker sauce, stir in corn starch. Wait for 1 to 2 minutes for sauce to thicken.
- Plate with cooked pasta. Enjoy!
If you love simple and delicious dinners, you may also enjoy Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
Have you tried 10 Minute Marinara Sauce? What’s your favourite simple dinner? What’s your go-to pasta recipe?