Each bite of these tasty muffins bursts with banana flavour and melted chocolate chips.
With a tasty banana flavour, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins has everything you love about banana bread in a perfect muffin form. With its soft, fluffy, banana flavoured batter and it’s lightly sweetened crust, it’s hard to decide if it’s snack fare or dessert. Whenever you enjoy it, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins make a delicious snack-sized treat.
When I first told my four-year-old daughter that I was going to bake banana muffins while she was at school, she made me promise that I would add one special ingredient, chocolate. “They need chocolate,” she explained. “It just makes them so much yummier.”
While I enjoy my muffins with or without chocolate chips, the chocolate definitely adds an extra dose of flavour. The chocolatey flavour that is! So, whether you are a chocolate fan, like my kiddo, or you prefer your muffins sans chocolate, these are a tasty treat that you’re sure to enjoy.
Oozing with rich banana flavour and chocolate chips, you can’t help but fall in love with every bite of these muffins. With each bite, you can taste the sweetness of banana mixed with perfectly melted chocolate chips.
When you eat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins fresh out of the oven, the warm banana infused batter melts in your mouth. With a wonderfully sweet flavour combined with maple syrup and vanilla, these muffins are a truly tasty treat.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are an easily portable treat. Whether you add them to your meal time or snack time, it’s hard not to love every bite of these perfectly sweet treats. Once you try one, you’ll just want more and more.
What are you waiting for? These muffins are sure to be a hit with anyone you share them with.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a large bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine banana, apple sauce, maple syrup, egg whites, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Pour banana mixture into flour one. Stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill each tin.
- Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until muffin tops are lightly browned.
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin.
Note: For accurate measurements, mash the banana before measuring.
If you love muffins, you may also enjoy Apple Banana Muffins
Have you tried Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins? What’s your favourite muffin treat?