Naturally sweetened banana bread with bits of apple baked throughout.
There’s nothing like banana bread. With its soft, fluffy, banana flavoured batter and it’s lightly sweetened crust, it’s hard to decide if its breakfast food, snack fare, or dessert. Naturally sweetened with maple syrup and ripened bananas, Apple Banana Bread is the perfect balance of fluffy bread and fruit flavoured sweetness.
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
If making dinner feels like a chore, you need this guide. Learn the 3 simple steps to easy dinners plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
Apple Banana Bread is truly healthy. Made without butter, margarine, or oil, Apple Banana Bread is instead packed with fruit. The batter is made with three very ripe mashed bananas, apple sauce and nearly one whole chopped apple. The extra fruit gives this banana bread a rich and moist texture that tastes like a dreamy combination of bread and cake.
Oozing with rich banana flavour and chunks of softly baked apples, you can’t help but fall in love with every bite of this healthy bread. When it comes to apples, Galas are just perfect. Their sweetness seamlessly compliments the delicious banana batter while adding a light bite of texture to this soft and creamy bread.Print
Apple Banana Bread
Apple Banana Bread makes a perfect breakfast, snack or dessert. Lightly sweetened with maple syrup, you can enjoy this bread any time of the day. Make some Apple Banana Bread today. Your house will be filled with the amazing smell of freshly baked apples and bananas. Yum!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Yield: 1 Loaf 1x
- 1 and 1/2 cups mashed bananas (3 bananas)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup apple, cored and chopped (1 Gala apple)
- Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C).
- Coat non-stick loaf pan (9 x 5) with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine bananas, maple syrup, apple sauce, milk, egg whites and vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Add to banana mixture. Mix in apples.
- Add to baking pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
If you love apples and bananas, you may also enjoy Apple Banana Waffles
If you love apples, you may also enjoy Apple Beer Bread
Have you tried Apple Banana Bread? What’s your favourite type of bread?
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Make dinner a breezer with our helpful guide. It shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!