Apple and honey-wheat flavoured bread full of fresh apple chunks, honey and cinnamon.
If you’ve avoided making bread because it takes too long, this is the perfect bread for you. Apple Beer Bread takes only 5 minutes to prepare and the oven does the rest. Before you know it, you’ll have a loaf of lightly sweetened, fall-flavoured bread. The crust is crispy, the inside is soft, and there are little bits of apple baked throughout. (Yes, this is one spectacular bread.) Don’t expect it to stay around for long. Once everyone tastes it, Apple Beer Bread will be devoured!
I must confess, I am not a beer drinker. We usually have a few beers on hand because my husband occasionally enjoys one while watching a game. But I love the idea of baking with beer. It’s like an extension of my spice cabinet and it adds a truly unique flavour. Plus, once the beer is baked into the food, everyone in the family can enjoy it. All of the alcohol bakes out. When my two year old daughter first tried Apple Beer Bread, she kept asking for “more bread please!”
To give Apple Beer Bread a little extra flavour, I like to make this bread with honey-flavoured ale. Its pleasant hay-like sweetness perfectly compliments the apples, honey, and cinnamon in the bread. When it comes to apples, Galas are just perfect. Their sweetness seamlessly compliments the flavour of the beer.
Apple Beer Bread
This delicious apple, honey-wheat flavoured bread makes a perfect breakfast or meal any time of the day. Enjoy it with a hearty soup, stew, or on its own. Make some Apple Beer Bread today. Your house will be filled with the amazing smell of freshly baked bread.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 bottle (12 ounce) beer
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup apple, cored and chopped (1 Gala apple)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Coat non-stick loaf pan (9 x 5) with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine beer, apple sauce, and honey. Add to flour mixture. Mix in apples.
- Add to baking pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
If you love apple, you may also enjoy Apple Honey Cake.
Have you tried Apple Beer Bread? What’s your favourite fall food?