Perfectly sweetened with apple and cranberries, this fruit-filled rice is delightfully delicious.
Sometimes dinner can be just as satisfying as dessert, and this is one those dishes. The sweetness of the apple and cranberries with the savoury flavour from the onion and parsley, make this dish truly memorable.
Get ready to impress with this dish. People will be asking you to make it again and again. My family already is! It tastes great hot or even cold the next day.
Apple Cinnamon Rice is pictured above with Apple Honey Glazed Salmon. This full flavoured rice will also work well with any mild flavoured fish or white meat.
Apple Cinnamon Rice
Your family will love this festive tasting rice. The combination of apple and cranberries can make any dinner feel like a celebration. This healthy rice is given its fruity flavour from apples, apple juice, cranberries and cinnamon. There is no butter or cream in this delectable dish.
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion for 4 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add rice, apple juice, apple, raisins, parsley, cinnamon, and salt. Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Stirring occasionally, simmer for 10 minutes, or until apples soften and sauce is absorbed by the rice.
- Plate and enjoy!
If you love rice, you may also enjoy Skinny Salmon “Fried” Rice
If you love apples-flavoured foods, you may also enjoy Apple Beer Bread
Do you like apple or fruit-flavoured foods? Have you tried Apple Cinnamon Rice?