Perfectly spongy and filled with the flavours of baked apple pie.
There’s nothing like a freshly baked cake, piping hot, right out of the oven. When it’s ready in under five minutes, cake time can be anytime.
This single serving, microwaveable dessert is the perfect balance of aromatic spices and baked apples. Infused with cinnamon, all spice, and nutmeg, Apple Pie Spiced Mug Cake replicated all of the flavours of homemade apple pie.
With small pieces of apple baked throughout, this sweet and savoury-spiced cake packs a seriously delectable punch. Adding fresh fruit helps to amplify the apple pie flavour while adding a fun bite of texture.
On its own, this tender cake is pure comfort food, but when you add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it adds another dimension of flavour. Mellow and creamy, vanilla ice cream softens the savoury spice of the cake. A la mode or on its own, Apple Pie Spiced Mug Cake is one tasty dessert.
Before I continue with the recipe, I just wanted to take a moment to wish you, my readers, a very, very
I so appreciate you taking the time to read, like, and comment on my posts. It truly means so much to me. So thank you, thank you, thank you for dropping by.
Let’s eat some cake!
Here’s to health, happiness, and a wonderful new year with family and friends.
Apple Pie Spiced Mug Cake
For a quick and simple apple pie treat, Apple Pie Spiced Mug Cake is the perfect snack. Filled with the sweet and savoury flavours of apple pie, this tender cake can be enjoyed a la mode or on its own.
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch salt
- Combine flour, sugar, apple sauce, milk, baking powder, cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg, and salt in a microwave safe mug. Mix with a fork or small whisk.
- Stir in apples and mix to combine.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. If cake is not ready, heat 10 second at a time until done.
- Let cool for a few minutes before eating.
If you love mug cakes, you may also enjoy Mint Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
If you love apples, you may also enjoy Apple Honey Cake
Do you enjoy single serving cakes? Have you tried Apple Pie Spiced Mug Cake? How do you toast the new year?