Savoury and creamy rice bowl topped with sliced avocado and a slightly runny egg.
When the weather is cold and everything is covered with a thick blanket of snow, all I want is comfort food. Just a little something tasty to nibble on while I’m hibernating indoors. For me, nothing is more comforting than carbs. Bring on the bread, pasta and rice. I just can’t get enough of all that carby goodness.
Comforting, delicious and all served in one dish. Avocado Egg Rice Bowl is a simple and tasty one bowl meal. Separately, each part of this meal is wonderful, but when it’s served together, each ingredient makes the other even tastier. When the seasoned rice mixes with the runny yolk of the egg and the avocado slices, this dish becomes a slam-dunk meal.
Taste aside, Avocado Egg Rice Bowl is actually really healthy. Made with brown rice, egg and avocado, this tasty rice bowl is truly a complete meal. High in fiber, magnesium, and selenium, brown rice is a wholesome grain that can reduce the risk of heart disease and high cholesterol.
Eggs are also incredibly healthy. With high-quality protein and a good source of vitamin B2, zinc, iron and copper, eating eggs can even help improve your immune system.
Avocados are one superfood. High in healthy fats, potassium, and fiber, this fruit is so healthy it’s even wonderful for your hair and skin.
Perfect for lunch or dinner, Avocado Egg Rice Bowl is a wonderful 20-minute meal. Indulge in a healthy rice bowl. You deserve it!Print
Avocado Egg Rice Bowl
Brown rice, egg, and avocado – what’s not to love? Avocado Egg Rice Bowl is a complete meal that can be ready in 20 minutes. Enjoy it for lunch or dinner this full-flavoured, low fat dish is sure to impress.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a heavy skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Carefully add rice and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes to heat.
- In a nonstick pan over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon of oil. Cook eggs for 1 minute, or until egg whites are no longer runny. Flip eggs. Remove from heat after 1/2 minute, or until yolk is cooked to desired runniness. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle rice with soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes and serve.
- Top rice with avocado slices, egg, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
If you love rice bowls, you may also enjoy Skinny Salmon “Fried” Rice
Have you tried Avocado Egg Rice Bowl? What’s your favourite rice dish?