Super easy and bursting with flavor, Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta is perfect for busy weeknights. With just a handful of ingredients, you can make this delicious dish. The sauce is made from melted feta and juicy cherry tomatoes. And its oh so good!
Oh, pasta! Is there anything more comforting than a bowl of delicious pasta? Whether it’s covered in tangy tomato sauce, vibrant pesto, or the star of today’s show, a feta and tomato combo, pasta dishes never fail to hit the spot.
When it comes to noodles dishes, the Mediterranean flavors of Greece and Italy have some pretty amazing ones. So, picture this: juicy cherry tomatoes, melty creamy feta cheese covered in a honey glaze, and perfectly cooked pasta. It is sooo good!
Now, you may have heard a little something about a baked feta pasta making waves on social media. It’s like the tasty pasta stars aligned to create a meal that everyone wanted to try.
But here’s the best part, with only 5 ingredients, you’ll be able to make this quicker and easier than ever before. And the taste is out-of-this-world good. Once you take that first bite, there’s no turning back.
So, get ready to indulge in the tantalizing magic of this unforgettable baked pasta.
If you love noodle dishes, check out these other tasty pasta recipes, Easy One Pot Macaroni and Cheese, Easy One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs, Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta, Baked Cheese Ravioli with Creamy Pesto Sauce, and Super Easy Cheese Ravioli Lasagna.
What is the Viral TikTok Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta?
Okay, confession time: I’m totally late to the game, but I couldn’t resist the hype around baked feta pasta. Finally, I got my act together and gave it a shot. Let me tell you, it’s everything they say and more!
Seriously, why did I wait so long? I’m officially obsessed, just like everyone else! The good news is that the frenzy has settled down a bit, so you won’t have to worry about feta shortages anymore.
Yep, we actually had a feta crisis going on at some point. But no need to panic, those days are behind us! So, you can enjoy Bake Tomato and Feta Pasta anytime you want it.
This recipe is super simple to make. Simply toss juicy cherry tomatoes in a mix of olive oil and oregano and place in a baking dish with a block of feta cheese. Drizzle some honey on top for that touch of sweetness, that balances the savory flavors in the feta, making it even more delicious.
Pop it in the oven and bake it until the tomatoes burst and the feta melts and turns all gooey and irresistible. Finally, you mix it all up to create a quick sauce and add in the pasta.
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Our helpful guide shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
And just like that, dinner is done! Trust me, it’s worth every bite.
Where did the TikTok pasta come from?
Whether you’re familiar with this TikTok Pasta or not, let’s take a trip down memory lane to the origins of the famous feta pasta sensation. It all started back in 2018 when Tiiu Piret shared a feta pasta on her blog. Fast forward to a year later, Jenni Hayrinen simplified it and introduced the world to “uunifetapasta” (that’s Finnish for ‘oven-baked feta pasta’) on TikTok and her blog. That’s when the real magic happened!
Now, here comes my twist on this delightful creation – Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta. It follows the same concept, but it’s an even simpler process. It’s made with just 5 simple ingredients, and since it’s cooked at a higher temperature, it gets on the table even faster. Plus, is adds two amazing ingredients oregano and honey, making it even more delicious and amping up that Greek flavor.
It’s so simple and so delicious. After one bite, you’ll be hooked! Brace yourself for a pasta experience like no other.
Quick and Easy Pasta Dinner
Cooking doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact, simple and delicious meals are the best. It gives you more time to actually enjoy the meal and of course, have more quality time with your family. That’s why I love this dish — it requires minimal prep and only uses 5 ingredients.
It’s so easy, anyone can make it. Seriously, if you can stir, you can make this pasta.
The stars of this pasta dish are feta and tomatoes. And they are truly a winning combination. But, if feta isn’t your thing, no worries! You can easily swap it out for other cheeses like baked brie, cream cheese, or even ricotta.
So let’s keep it simple and embrace the deliciousness of this practically two-ingredient pasta. No fuss, just pure yumminess with this tasty stress-free recipe!
Ingredients for Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta
This dish is bursting with juicy tomatoes and creamy feta. It creates a mouthwatering combination that will leave everyone asking for, “Seconds please!”
Not only is it delicious, but it’s made with only 5 ingredients. And you can whip it up in just 30 minutes.
So, let’s grab those ingredients and get started! Your tastebuds are in for a treat.
- Penne noodles – With its short size, penne noodles easily soak up all that delicious tomato and feta sauce, giving you a perfect balance of sauce and pasta in every bite.
- Tomatoes – Small in size, but bursting with flavor, cherry or grape tomatoes create juicy, delicious jammy sweetness when they bake. Their natural sweetness complement the creamy feta, making every bite taste amazing.
- Feta – When it comes to the star of the show, the feta, you’ll want a nice, high quality Greek feta. Look for a block of feta that’s in brine, not the crumbled kind. If you prefer a milder and creamier feta, try a French feta. It’s less tart than the Greek ones.
- Honey – Adding a touch of natural sweetness, honey balances the acidity of the tomatoes and enhances the creamy feta.
- Grapeseed oil – With a high smoke point and neutral flavor, it lets the tomatoes, feta, other ingredients shine.
- Oregano – Earthy and slightly peppery, oregano perfectly complements the tomatoes and feta flavor. Just a sprinkle of dried oregano can take this dish from good to absolutely delicious.
- Salt & Pepper – Easily adjust the seasoning to your taste.
Let’s do a little ingredient math. You’ll see that there are actually more than five ingredients. The truth is, when it comes to 5 ingredient recipes, there are three simple ingredients that aren’t counted – oil, salt and pepper.
When it comes to oil, its job is to keep things from sticking to the dish, making cooking and cleanup a whole lot easier. Oil also, helps the ingredients cook, so they taste even better.
Then, there’s salt and pepper, the flavor enhancers that you can always adjust to your taste. If you want more salt? Go for it. Not into pepper? Skip it or simply use less.
So, when you leave off these three simple items, you have a delicious 5 ingredients meal!
What’s the best type of feta for baking?
Let’s get a little cheesy! When it comes to choose the right feta cheese for this dish, it may look like there are a lot of options. So, let’s simplify the process, so you can truly choose the best feta for your pasta.
For starters, look for a higher quality feta cheese. Greek feta is known for its classic tangy flavor and creamy texture that pairs perfectly with pasta. Look for a block of feta that’s comes in brine or liquid. This helps to preserve its freshness and flavor. Avoid pre-crumbled feta, it tends to be drier and less flavorful than the block variety.
If you like a saltier, tangier feta, go for traditional Greek feta. It packs a punch that’ll wake up your taste buds. But if you’re more into a milder and creamier vibe, French feta is for you. It’s smoother and less tart, making your dish richer and creamier.
Whether you go Greek or French feta, with Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta you’re in for a tasty treat!
How to Make Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta
Get ready for a flavor explosion with this incredible pasta dish! Not only is it absolutely delicious, but it’s also a breeze to make. In just five simple steps and a quick 30 minutes, you have a meal that’s pure comforting goodness.
STEP 1: PREHEAT OVEN TO 425°F (230°C).
Cooking dinner at 425°F is a game-changer! The high temperature works like magic, quickly cooking the tomatoes and feta into a delicious sauce.
And the best part, dinner is ready even faster. Talk about a real win-win!
STEP 2: ADD INGREDIENTS TO BAKING DISH
It all starts in a 9×13 casserole dish. Add the tomatoes, oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix it up, so that all of the tomatoes are evenly covered.
Create a little space in the center for the star ingredient – the feta cheese. Give it a couple of flips, so it’s coated in the flavorful oil.
And then it’s time to sweeten things up! Drizzle 1 tbsp of honey over the tomatoes, and evenly cover feta with the remaining honey.
STEP 3: BAKE
Alright, it’s baking time! Pop that dish in the oven and let the magic happen. After 25 minutes the tomatoes start to burst open and release their juicy goodness. And oh, the cheese! It’s going to soften and become irresistibly melty
STEP 4: COOK THE PASTA
While your tomato and feta are baking, it’s time to cook the pasta. So, grab your noodles and cook them according to package instructions until they are perfectly al dente.
Al dente is that sweet spot when the noodles are firm but not too hard and tender but not mushy. It’s that perfect balance of noodle goodness.
When your noodles are ready, reserve 1/2 cup of that precious pasta water. You’ll use it later when you are making the sauce.
STEP 5: MAKE THE SAUCE
Now it’s time to make that sauce. With a fork or wooden spoon. break up those juicy tomatoes and creamy feta cheese. If the cheese is still slightly firm, work it into smaller pieces, giving you bits of cheese throughout. Trust me, it’s so good!!
If you find the sauce a bit too thick, don’t worry! There’s a secret fix – the reserved pasta water. Gradually add it, one tablespoon at a time, while stirring. This way, you can control how thick or thin your sauce is. And taste it as you go until it reaches the desired consistency.
Once your sauce is just right, add your cooked pasta, and mix it all together. Every strand of pasta will be coated in the tasty tomato and feta goodness.
Now, grab your plates and get ready to serve up a plateful of delicious pasta. It’s time to dig in and enjoy your meal!
How to Store leftovers
If you have any leftovers, you can store Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
When it’s time to enjoy it again, simply reheat it in a pan on the stovetop over medium-low heat. And cook until it’s heated through. Adding a splash of water to the saucepan can help thin out the sauce if needed. Or you can reheat it in the microwave for a quick and easy meal.
Easy Variations for Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta
Oh, the wonders of Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta! You won’t believe how versatile it is, and you can easily customize it to your heart’s content.
Here are some tasty ideas:
- Switch up the pasta – You can switch up the texture with another pasta. Whether it’s rigatoni, rotini, penne, bow tie, or even spaghetti, all of these options can work for this dish. So, grab your favorite shape and get cooking!
- Make it low carb – Instead of using traditional pasta, you can reduce the carbs by using zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash as a carb-free base for the sauce.
- Use other cheeses – You can easily mix things up and swap feta out for other options like baked brie, cream cheese, or even ricotta. Get cheesy and let your taste buds lead the way!
- Add protein – Whether it’s tender chicken, savory pancetta, or wholesome pressed tofu, these delicious additions will take your pasta experience to a whole new level. Just remember to safely cook the protein before adding it to the dish.
- Add veggies – Amp up the flavor and add a nutritious twist to your dish. You can try bell peppers, asparagus, zucchini, spinach, kale, roasted eggplant, sautéed mushrooms, onions, or shallots.
- Add herbs and spices – From fresh to dried, herbs are a simple way to amp up the flavor. You can try basil, thyme, scallions, chives, garlic, oregano, parsley, rosemary, or a blend with Italian seasoning.
- Add tomato sauce – Add more tomato flavor with tomato sauce. Add it to the feta sauce before adding the noodles. Just make sure to add a little a time and taste as you go.
HUNGRY FOR MORE Quick & Easy RECIPES?
Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta (5 Ingredients Recipe)
Quick and flavorful, Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta is perfect for busy weeknights. With just a handful of ingredients, you can whip it up and have a meal that’s simply irresistible.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Greek/Italian
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 (8 ounce) package penne (or similar small noodles), uncooked
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 block feta cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (230°C).
- In an 9×13 casserole dish, add tomatoes. Cover with oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Make space in the middle of the tomatoes, add the feta cheese. Flip the cheese a couple times to coat with oil. Drizzle 1 tbsp of honey over tomatoes and add the remaining 1 tbsp of honey evenly over the feta.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the tomatoes start to burst, and the cheese softens.
- Meanwhile boil pasta to al dente according to pasta package. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.
- Using a fork or wooden spoon, break up the tomatoes and cheese. Add reserved pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time to thin the sauce, until desired consistency. Add pasta to the sauce and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/4 baked pasta
- Calories: 470.37kcal
- Sugar: 14.78g
- Sodium: 873.06mg
- Fat: 19.1g
- Saturated Fat: 7.85g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.66g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 60.07g
- Fiber: 4.12g
- Protein: 16.12g
- Cholesterol: 44.5mg
Keywords: baked pasta, 5 ingredients pasta recipe, easy baked pasta recipe
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Make dinner a breezer with our helpful guide. It shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!